Who doesn't love apple crumble!?
This is my take on a sugar free, higher protein apple crumble. This recipe was created while I was in University living in my student apartment. I had few ingredients on hand and was able to throw them all together to make something magical. Seriously, you won't even miss store bought apple crumble!
- 4 Large Apples, chopped
- 1 Scoop Whey Vanilla Protein Powder
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Flour
- 1 Cup Oats
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil, Melted
- 1/2 Cup Water
1. In a saucepan, mix your apples, water, 2 Tbsp stevia (or sugar), and 1 tbsp cinnamon on medium heat. Stire apples for 5-10 minutes until apples have softened. Set aside.
2. In a bowl, mix your oats, protein powder, coconut flour, 2 tbsp stevia, cinnamon, and coconut oil.
3. In a large baking dish sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, lay the cooked chopped apples on the bottom of the dish and then layer the top with your oat mix.
4. Place in oven at 350F for 10-15 minutes, until the oat mix begins the brown. Take out of the oven and allow to cool.